1. - See the business plan as something tentative, not a permanent commitment. This will help you get started and work with different alternatives
2. - Do not delegate the conduct of the business plan, one can replace the entrepreneur in the task of planning your new business and experience in this process can be very valuable and transferable
3. - In addition to thinking write it, the exercise of writing it helps make concrete the plan, and to detect defects empty.
4. - When possible, work with real data, unfortunately there will be parts of the business plan where the entrepreneur is forced to work with projections, in all others is advisable to seek information to get to the exact data.
5. - Contrast the plan with other written information, try to verify their data with other existing information similar companies that are operating in the same sector - you can access this information through databases, industry associations, statistical information. ..
6. - Contrast the plan with experts, these people may be bankers, lawyers, venture capitalists, consultants, partners, team members, or other employers whose confidence.
7. - Built your control system. The system of information and control must be designed to give a rapid signal relative to the critical issues and to indicate the degree of compliance with the plan.
8. - Find a balance between planning and action planning is not a theoretical exercise that makes the employer isolating the real world but in many cases, the only way to reduce some uncertainties required to implement specific actions go making the process of realization of the business plan forward.